Good Beginnings is a Comprehensive Home Visitation Program for baby and you.
The main emphasis of the Good Beginnings program is to educate mothers and families on proper care for their newborns. Nurses visit new families and provide education to parents on their child's growth and development. The goal is to work with families and help to create a healthy and nurturing home atmosphere soon after the mother and child return home.
Good Beginnings helps make families stronger, healthier and safer by:
- Assisting families in identifying their strengths, needs, and goals, in order to facilitate families becoming healthier, happier, and stronger.
- Helping monitor and care for women with high risk pregnancies.
- Working with expectant parents and family to assist in the preparation for the delivery and the newborn's homecoming.
- Helping mother with breastfeeding.
- Providing professional child safety seat checks & assisting in making homes safer.
Good Beginnings Provides Free home visits by health care professional
There are no income guidelines, it is non-discriminatory and voluntary. The program is available to any pregnant woman or parent & family with children to age five, and to families living in Nuckolls County, or who have received medical care at Brodstone Memorial Hospital, Superior or Nelson Family Medical Centers.
- Helps promote positive parenting skills
- Proactive in creating a nurturing home and managing stressful situations
- Empowers parents to promote their child's health, growth, and development
- Supports assessment & helps care for children with special needs
- Assists families in accessing other community services to enhance their health, happiness, and strength as a family unit.
Participants in Good Beginnings may earn Diaper Dough or Book Bucks.
For more information please contact:
Verlene Watson, R.N.
Brodstone Memorial Hospital
Superior NE 68978
402-879-4432, ext. 293
Servicios disponibles en Español.