Brodstone Memorial Hospital strives to assure positive patient and visitor experiences.
Patient Portal Information
A Patient’s Guide to Using MyCareCorner (MyCareCorner.net)
Your healthcare provider (hospital or clinic) will provide you with an email (if you provided an email address) or a printed copy of instructions for accessing the MyCareCorner website.
Using the Email
1. From the email, click the link in the email. The MyCareCorner page is launched.
2. Click Continue. The Invitation Code screen is displayed. When launching directly from the email, your customized invitation code is automatically displayed in the boxes.
3. Click Submit. The Create Your MyCareCorner Account page is displayed.
4. If you already have an account created, enter your Email and Password and click Sign In. You may skip to step 10. Otherwise, click Create Account and proceed with step 5.
5. Enter your information in the fields provided: First Name, Last Name, Relationship, Sex, and Date of Birth.
6. In the Create Account fields, enter an email address and password using the fields provided: Email, Password, Confirm Password.
7. Enter the characters you see in the field provided.
8. Check the I agree to the Terms and Conditions box.
9. Click Create Account. A verification question may be displayed. If so, answer the question and click Submit. The Information Transfer page is displayed.
10. In the Select the record that MyPortal will be able to access field, use the drop-down list to select the record (or person’s name) whose information is being transferred to MyCareCorner (see note below). IMPORTANT: If you do not see the correct person’s name, click the Add record button to add the person to the drop-down list so that it can be selected. [To add a record, click Add record. In the Create New Record screen, enter the First Name, Last Name, Relationship, Sex, and Date of Birth of the patient record you wish to add. Enter the characters and click Create. The new record is now an option in the drop-down list.]
It is important to note that multiple patients can be set up under one account (or email address/password combination) so that spouses and/or children can be accessed from a single account holder.
11. Click Allow. The Access Approved screen is displayed. Click Home to go to the MyCareCorner patient portal home page. As the home page is displayed, a Your Data is Loading message is displayed. Once the message disappears, refresh your browser to ensure the health record data is displayed. If an Error Occurred while getting your data. Please talk to customer service message is displayed, contact your healthcare provider/facility.
Using the Printed Instructions
1. From your internet browser, enter the URL from the printed invitation into the browser window. The Welcome page is displayed.
2. Click Continue. The Invitation Code screen is displayed.
3. Enter the invitation code from your printed instructions.
4. Click Submit. The Create Your MyCareCorner Account page is displayed.
5. The remaining steps are the same as in the Using the Email See steps 4-11 above to complete the process.
Accessing Areas of Your Health Record
MyCareCorner provides access to your personal health record. The home screen (or dashboard) contains several widgets you can view at a glance. Or, you can use the menu on the left to navigate to the other areas of your record.
Click: Allergies To: View, edit, delete, and add allergies in your personal health record.
Click: Appointments To: View your upcoming and past appointments and add new appointments.
Click: Blood Glucose To: View and enter values for blood glucose ans HgA1c levels.
Click: Blood Oxygen To: View historical blood oxygen values in a graph format and add new entries.
Click: Concern To: View and manage a list of health concerns, including start and end dates.
Click: Conditions To: View a list of medical problems in your record and add, delete, or edit problems to mark inactive (i.e., indicate that you no longer have the condition).
Click: Documents To: View, manage, and download documents to your record. You can also view your health data audit log.
Click: Lab Results To: View lab results that have been uploaded to your personal health record.
Click: Messages To: View and send messages to and from your providers.
Click: Encounters To: View basic information about the medical visits/encounters recorded in your Consolidated Clinical Document (CCDA) record, edit or delete previous visits, and add new visits.
Click: Height To: View and enter height values in a graph format.
Click: Immunizations To: Manage the immunization data in your personal health record.
Click: Procedures To: View the procedures included in your personal health record, edit or delete previous procedures, and add new procedures that have been performed.
Click: Reminders To: Keep a list of reminders for appointments or other tasks.
Click: Vital Signs To: View and modify the blood pressure values and other vital signs recorded in your personal health record.
Click: Weight To: View and enter weight values in a graph or list.
Click: Medications To: View the medications listed in your personal health record, edit or delete existing medications, and add new medications you are taking.
Viewing and Managing Your Health Information
Information in your health record can either come from the hospital information system or you can add it manually. If information comes from the HIS, you will not be able to edit it. However, you are able to edit or delete the information you enter manually. If you add information manually, it is important to note that your providers nor their staff are able to view your personal portal record – if you have information that your provider should know, please call the provider’s office to notify them.
After clicking a link on the home screen, use these methods to work with the corresponding area of your personal health record:
- Click a row within the list (e.g., a specific appointment within the list of appointments) to view more details about that entry. The details appear in a pop-up or flyover window on the right side of the screen.
- From the flyover window, click Delete to delete the entry or Edit to edit it. To close the flyover window, click the “X” in the upper-right corner of the window.
- To add a new entry (e.g., a new allergy from the Allergies screen, or a new appointment or reminder from the Appointments screen), click the plus sign (+) in the lower-right corner of the screen. Enter the appropriate information and click Save. Be sure to complete all required fields (those marked with a red asterisk).
- If the list can be filtered to view the data differently (e.g., to view immunizations, medications, or procedures for a specific date range, or to view only upcoming appointments or only past appointments), a Show Filter Options button appears above the list of items. Click this button to apply a filter.
- To sort the data in a list differently, click the column heading you want to sort by. Click the same heading again to reverse the sort.
IMPORTANT REMINDER! You cannot edit information that is displayed from the hospital information system. And, your providers are not able to see your portal record. If you have information that your providers need to know, please send a message or call your provider’s office to notify them.
Viewing and Editing Your Profile
To view and update your profile information, click the circle with your initials on it (in the upper-right corner of the screen) and select My Profile. Enter any missing information and/or edit the existing information. If you want to upload a picture to use in place of your initials to access your profile, click Choose File. When finished updating your profile, click Save.
Sending and Receiving Messages
You can see messages on the Home screen in the Messages widget. Or, use the Messages menu option to view the messages full screen and send messages to your care providers.
- The list defaults to messages you have received in your Inbox. Click the Sent button to display sent messages. Toggle back to received messages by clicking the Inbox
- To view, delete, or reply to a message, click the row for that message. The message and corresponding options appear in the message detail window.
- To send a new message, click the plus button (lower right corner). Click the To field to select a recipient from your list of authorized providers. Or, you can type an email address in the To Type a subject and the message text, and add any attachments, if necessary. (You can select attachments from the files stored in the Documents section of My Care Corner or upload files from your computer.)
You have the ability to receive customized notifications when new messages, files, or data elements have been added to your health record. To view and/or set up your notifications, click the Notification Settings option. From the Notification Center, click the red add button to create a new notification.
Need More Help?
When using the patient portal, you can click the Need Help? button located in the upper right corner of the screen to access online application help. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or call 402-207-1522.