Brodstone Memorial Hospital offers outpatient cardiac rehabilitation services to patients who recently have had a heart procedure or suffered a heart event, to improve and maintain their cardiovascular health through individualized care. Our team consists of healthcare providers, registered nurses, dieticians, and social service counselors.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Department assists with a Healthy Living Program to guide patients that could benefit from a supervised exercise program on a private basis.
Services available in the Cardiac Rehab Department include Cardiac Rehabilitation, Healthy Living, Cardiac Stress Testing, Tilt Table Testing, and Nuclear Medicine Testing from Bryan Heart, Nebraska Heart, and Pioneer Heart.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Department has a Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Participants will work with Healthy Heart Ambassadors for the duration of the four-month program. Just a few check-ins per month can yield big results!
- Take your own blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two consultations
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Reduce blood pressure by identifying patterns and trend on which to take action
- Increase awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Improve knowledge of heart-healthy eating habits
- Enrich communication with health care provider by sharing self-monitoring results
Referral from your healthcare provider is required. If you have any questions, please call the Cardiac Rehabilitation staff, 402-879-4432, ext #5128